Marantz Reference SA-KI Ruby SACD Player/DAC
Marantz has been designing and making amplifiers for more than 65 years, and for 40 of those the products have reflected expertise of Ken Ishiwata. Now, to mark his four decades with the company, the SA-KI Ruby SACD player has been developed and tuned by a highly experienced engineering team led by KI himself. Features the same disc mechanisms as the SA10 that play SACDs, CDs and compilations on CD-ROM or DVD-ROM. The SA-KI Ruby includes an asynchronous USB input that handles formats up to PCM/DXD 384kHz/32bit and DSD11.2MHz and treats all digital music with a unique Marantz Musical Mastering technology. By up-converting all file formats to DSD, using advanced filtering and processing and direct 1-bit conversion to feed the analog outputs, the SA-KI Ruby delivers sound with remarkable clarity, effortless dynamics and exceptional presence—plus, features a laser-engraved Ken Ishiwata signature to commemorate his legacy.
- Engineered and extensively tuned by legendary Marantz sound master Ken Ishiwata and his team, drawing on more than 35 years of Marantz expertise in CD players
- Marantz-proprietary SACD/CD mechanism “SACDM-3” designed purely for audio
- Playback of SACD/CD and compilations on CD-ROM and DVD-ROM
- Asynchronous USB input for hi-res audio up to PCM/DXD 384kHz/32bit and DSD11.2MHz
- Isolation of USB and digital inputs to block noise from connected sources
- Innovative Marantz Musical Mastering “MMM-Stream” up-sampling to DSD and filtering
- Custom-designed 1-bit direct “MMM–Conversion” from DSD to analog
- New analog output stage with Marantz HDAM-SA3 technology and low impedance output
- Power supply with toroidal transformer
- Dedicated headphone amplifier with all-discrete HDAM-SA2 construction
- Laser-engraved Ken Ishiwata signature and Ruby motif, marking Ishiwata’s 40-year Marantz legacy
Designed to celebrate the 40-year anniversary of legendary Marantz sound master, Ken Ishiwata, SA-KI Ruby features pinnacle performance that’s synonymous with Marantz excellence. Complete with thoughtful engineering, painstaking tuning and extensive listening sessions, SA-KI Ruby achieves the elevated output worthy of its name. Elegantly features Ishiwata’s laser-engraved signature to commemorate the design and heightened listening experience that honors the decades-long partnership between him and Marantz.