Pro-Ject RPM 3 Carbon
CALL US FOR INFORMATION ON THE FULL PRO-JECT LINE!
Mid-Level Resonance-Optimized Audiophile Turntable with Curved Tonearm & Sumiko Blue Point No.2 Phono Cartridge.
RPM 3 Carbon utilizes evolutionary enhancements to improve the performance of RPM series: A low resonance chassis holds an inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball for further reduced rumble. An outboard 15V AC motor is smoothly driven using an ultra precision AC generator with DC power supply for further enhanced speed stability. A 10“ S-shaped tonearm tube is made from carbon fiber, aluminium and resin. Using a complex 3-step process with heat treatment and 100bar pressure, arm tube rigidity is strengthened, internal damping is maximized and resonances are reduced to a minimum. This makes the tonearm also suitable for MC cartridges. Additional features are a magnetic anti-skating mechanism and a TPE-damped counterweight. All ingredients add up to a miracle in sound for the price and ultra-stylish look!
- Precision belt drive using free-standing synchronous motor
- Central mass point optimizes resonant behaviour
- Ultra precision DC-driven AC generator motor power
- Inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball
- Platter made from MDF using vinyl mat
- 10” S-shaped tonearm made from carbon, aluminium, resin utilising special heat and pressure treatments
- Magnetic antiskating
- Counterweight with TPE damping
- Three high-gloss colours (black, red, white)
- Lid available as an option
- Handmade in Europe
- Nominal speeds: 33/45 r.p.m.
- Speed variance 33: 0,14%, 45: 0,11%
- Wow and flutter 33: 0,19%, 45: 0,08%
- Signal to noise: 71dB
- Effective tonearm mass: 16g
- Effective tonearm length: 10 ” (254mm)
- Overhang: 16mm
- Power consumption: 5 W max / < 0,5W standby
- Outboard power supply: 15V DC / 800mA , universal power supply
|Dimensions||37.3 × 44.7 × 11.8 cm|