SOTA Reflex Clamp
Vinyl sound can be significantly improved when unwanted resonances between the record and platter can be reduced during playback. Accordingly, the surfaces of the record and platter should mate solidly. Standard record pucks use weight to achieve this, but have two disadvantages:
1) The added weight can actually induce higher levels of main bearing rumble on lower-cost turntables that typically have less massive bearings
2) Instead of tightening the records surface to the platter, heavy weight record pucks can cause the opposite: Vinyl will get shaped like a bowl with no contact of the outer edges of the record to the platter.
Both scenarios will negatively affect playback. SOTA’s Reflex Clamp provides a real solution to the above problems by clamping around the center spindle without adding excessive weight. The easy open cam opens to remove and snaps shut to lock and can be installed one handed within seconds. The Reflex Clamp is made in the U.S.A from very high quality materials and locking cam system, and will improve the performance of any turntable!
• Provides sound improvement for all turntables
• Reduces unwanted resonances during playback
• Fast and easy mounting
• Fine-adjustment of tightening force
• Ideal for tall spindles like SOTA tables
• Heavy Duty All metal construction
• High Quality Cam System Designed for thousands of uses