Sutherland Insight Phono Preamp
The Insight is all Sutherland… unbelievable at its price point. Also available with external linear power supply
There comes a tipping point of accumulated knowledge that insists upon a new product. Insight gained from the design of preceding phono preamps opened up a new possibility.
Pride of ownership and sublime performance–way beyond its modest price.
There is an almost irresistible urge to add complexity to any endeavor. The result is a tangled knot of disparate good ideas. Because there is always more that could be added, there is never an opportunity for long-term satisfaction. Never enough.
Sutherland offers a different vision – it may be more closely aligned with your values. It is a very disciplined approach that refines design to the essential elements – and then executes the design to perfection. There is no allowance for superfluous clutter. Nothing extra will be allowed between you and the music.
Technical Areas of Concern
- Avoid electronic colorations by keeping signal path uncluttered and straightforward.
- Refine the circuitry and layout for one audio channel. Then build it twice for stereo.
- Keep the clutter of options out of the signal path and off the circuit board.
- Keep contaminating AC power line noise out.
- Use the best components in a conservative manner, for long life and effortless performance.
- Design and build with a sense of instrument grade craftsmanship.
Gain Settings: 40 dB 45 dB 50 dB 55 dB 60 dB
Cartridge Loading: 100 Ohms 200 Ohms 1k Ohms 10k Ohms 47k Ohms
POWER REQIREMENTS: 86 to 260 volts AC, 5 watts universal, no adjustment required
17” x 12″ x 2 1⁄2”, 11 pounds
23” x 18” x 9”, 19 pounds (in shipping box)