Sutherland KC Vibe Mk2 Phono Preamp
The KC Vibe is Sutherland’s most affordable phono preamp offering, yet doesn’t skimp on the heralded Sutherland build quality, simplicity, and most importantly, sound quality. Nothing else comes close at this price!
There are indications of high-end qualities—even before you listen or take off the cover. The KC Vibe uses a 48 volt external power supply to provide a huge margin for extensive filtering and isolation. There are also machined, gold plated and teflon insulated audio jacks. With the cover removed, you will see the signature Sutherland circuit board layout aesthetic.
There is an almost irresistible urge to add complexity to any endeavor. The result is a tangled knot of disparate good ideas. Because there is always more that could be added, there is never an opportunity for long-term satisfaction. Never enough.
Sutherland offers a different vision – it may be more closely aligned with your values. It is a very disciplined approach that refines design to the essential elements – and then executes the design to perfection. There is no allowance for superfluous clutter. Nothing extra will be allowed between you and the music.
Technical Areas of Concern
- Avoid electronic colorations by keeping signal path uncluttered and straightforward.
- Refine the circuitry and layout for one audio channel. Then build it twice for stereo.
- Keep the clutter of options out of the signal path and off the circuit board.
- Keep contaminating AC power line noise out.
- Use the best components in a conservative manner, for long life and effortless performance.
- Design and build with a sense of instrument grade craftsmanship.
Gain Settings: 40, 45, 50, 55 or 60dB
Loading: 100, 200, 475, 1k or 47k Ohms
Power Requirements: 86 to 260 volts AC, 2 Watts Universal, no adjustment required
Size: 11” wide 9” deep 2” high
Shipping Box 14.5” wide 12.5” deep 6.5” high
Weight: Net 6lbs Shipping 9.5lbs